Join Our Team
How To Become A General Maintenance Technician (Handyman)
iCheck, Canada’s leading facility maintenance company requires handy and skillful technicians to complete preventative and emergency general maintenance, repairs, and installations in the commercial, retail, restaurant, and residential sectors. iCheck encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and people with disabilities. If you feel you would be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
- Facility maintenance and/or general handyman work including painting, minor drywall repair, ceiling tile installation, carpet and ceramic tiles repair/installation, minor carpentry, annual inspections, lock replacement/repair and other duties.
- Estimate medium and potential larger jobs (Ex. repairing or renovating storage room)
- Residential installation and assembly including playsets, blinds, screen doors, gazebos, etc.
- Performs assembly for customers. Completes assignments as agreed and assures customer is completely satisfied.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all customers.
- Maintains effective method of contact with dispatcher via cell phone, email, etc.
- Reports and/or handles customer complaints.
- Maintains good work habits and arrives at appointments punctually.
- Works independently to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Performs other related duties as required.